fot

Re: [Fot] valve guide removal

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] valve guide removal
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 07:35:39 -0800
I've never done this myself on a TR head, but the way I used to do it
for motorcycles was to drill the guide with a slightly larger drill
until it was flush with the head, then heat the head to about 300
degrees in an oven and drift out the guides with a stepped drift. Of
course these are small heads and they are aluminum.

On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:19 AM, Gt6steve@aol.com wrote:

> Safest way is to drill them to a size near 1/2" and then collapse
> them.
> Driving them introduces a slight risk of dragging the hole.   Most
> likely you can
> lube them with your favorite penetrant and drive them  out.
>

> **************Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com