fot

Re: [Fot] Crankshafts

To: "John McCue" <slugthemtrhd@suddenlink.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Crankshafts
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:14:35 -0800
john, the TR250 and the 69 TR6 had flywheels with a longer end on the
crankshaft.  70 and later TR6 went to a shorter crankshaft and made the
flywheel longer and heavier.  I'm not sure what the GT6 or 2000 or 2500
saloons used.  I don't know if the TR6 flywheel will work on a GT6 motor,
but it should work on the saloons.
You can not mix the 2 different parts.  The transmissions, clutches and
everything else are the same and they can be interchanged.
You can buy the lightweight steel flywheel for the long or short snouted
crankshaft for about the same price as an aluminum one.  BPnorthwest.com has
them or I can get you one.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44