fot

[Fot] 1147's

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] 1147's
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:10:10 -0800 (PST)
Group: While on the subject of 1147 Spitfire's...we have a new member of CVAR
that has purchased a Spitfire Mk1 out of Tampa Fla. The car is in my shop being
prepped for this coming weekends race. I am curious if anyone on the list may
know of the car. It is white with three blue stripes on the bonnet, number 97,
and has a Midwestern council sticker on the side. I am curious about the level
of engine prep since it is sporting stock axles.
  Also...the owner is wanting to move on to a 1296 at the end of the season or
when this motor gets ill. The car has tons of spares including three 1147
motors disassembled. Is there anyone else on the list running an 1147cc car
that would like spare blocks or heads? I think we'll keep the cranks to use in
a 1296 small journal motor.
  I also have a Spitfire Mk 3 which was recovered from the vacant lot demons,
sitting outside my shop. Is there anyone on the list that needs a steel bonnet,
boot lid, doors, etc. from a roundtail? I want to give the list first shot
before they head to Ebay. All the panels are in repairable condition.
  Please let me know off list. Thanks - Ed