fot

Re: [Fot] Looking to Sift the memories of the original FP

To: "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwn74@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Looking to Sift the memories of the original FP
From: Scott Cypher <spitfireracer@xsmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:35:15 -0500
Originally FP raced by Bill Davis in the North east (limerock,
pocono, glen)
1978- 1979 then was in the Marrs series 1980, Bill Davis still the
driver.
He started racing it in nationals in 1980 in the NE.  Sue davis
started racing it the same year.
THe pair kept racing in NE events in 81-84.  Car was transferred to W
David Bailey early 1985.
Car was idle 1985-1987, then started racing again in the MARRS series
in 1988, 1989, 1990, and in 1990 was in the runoffs.
Care was idle 1991 and 1992, and then was back out in the MARRS/NE
1993 and went to the 1993, 94 runoffs.
Car was raced in the NE in 1995 and 96, but didn't go to the runoffs,
and was idle 1997-1999 when it was transferred to larry tippett in
south carolina.
larry raced it in the SE region, at CMP, Atlanta, VIR,  in 99,
2000-02, idle 03, 04, raced 05, idle 06 and I got in 07.

Most of the racing parts I have, are labeled with either Davis or
Bailey, so one of the two were doing the crank work, and I suspect
Bailey, since he was doing runoffs...

Thanks

-Scott Cypher
spitfireracer@xsmail.com
SCCA #57 HP Spitfire 1500 #362573
Reading, PA
http://gallery.mac.com/srcypher

Shipwright's Disease.   Its a nasty affliction, particularly when
owns a british car.  Then it can never be cured.