fot

[Fot] GT6 differential

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] GT6 differential
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 01:02:03 EST
In a message dated 3/2/2008 11:00:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fot-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 11:12:28 -0800
> From: <igofaster@charter.net>
> Subject: [Fot] GT6 GEARBOX AND DIFFERENTIAL
> To: fot@autox.team.net
> Cc: fot-request@autox.team.net
>
> Greetings FoT !
> Just finished the CVAR race last weekend. It will be the last weekend with
> my lovely T50 5 speed gearbox.... ugh....   used a smaller tire and was
> getting my revs quicker and actually needed the 5 speed on the straightaway.
> Anyways... I've purchased the Triumph 4 speed gearbox from Quantum
> Mechanics. My questions are, should I continue running the overdrive
>differential, I
> believe it's a 3.73 ratio in the GT6, or go back to the stock ratio of 3.27?
> My friend Bob Kramer suggests I build the car to run its peak at TWS which
> does have a long straightaway. The other courses we run with CVAR do not have
>as
> long a straight.
> I'm also wondering about the Quaff  (sp)  for the differential... seems
> they're in the $1200 range. Is it worth the dough or should I keep the
>current
> 3.73 gearbox or have a 3.27 welded locked?
> Appreciate the group!
> Bobby Whitehead  #54CVAR GT6+ EP Group2

Bobby,

The GT6 differential ratios are 3.89:1 or 3.27:1, but you are probably
referring to the alternative 3.63:1 ratio, not usually found on U.S. market
cars,
but normally on U.K. market Spitfire 1500's.

There is no 3.73: 1 ratio differential.

The Salisbury LSD is probably a better bet on the race cars than the Quaif,
but the Quaif is better as a road car differential.

Regards

Leon

     </HTML>