fot

Re: [Fot] Disparately need a part

To: <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Disparately need a part
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 18:39:27 -0500
Chuck,

I would advise against the Unilite - they are a bigger piece
of junk than the Lucas.  I've had 2, and had to junk both.
The advance mechanism allows the timing to move all over the place.

The dual point system is good.  I use one with my MSD but had to disable the
second set of points.

Shane Ingate in NM

I am installing a Mallory dual point distributor in my TR6 race car.  I need
to convert it to electronic from points to work with my ignition system.
The part number I need is a Mallory 560 Unilyte conversion kit.  Mallory is
out of stock and production is not scheduled till early April.  The major
parts supplier's [Summit, Jegs, Amazon, otherrs] do not have it in stock.