fot

Re: [Fot] So a question?

To: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>, <JWoesvra@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] So a question?
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:33:11 -0700
Somewhere along in the early 70's the SCCA allowed everyone to have a
spoiler with a specific ground clearance. Might have been 1971. It was a
devil of a time to get the right proportion of glass and carbon so the
spoiler was off the ground I believe 2" for checking and then right down on
the track at 85 mph.  (You know, like the Ferrari rear wing in F-1 a couple
years ago.)Unfortunately the factory would not produce the rear spoiler I
designed and fitted and tested to great advantage. I guess you can only go
to the well so often.

The factory reduced the size of the front spoiler from my racing type on the
production cars to clear the parking lot cement blocks. There are lots of
photos of my TR-6 around and if you cannot find one I'll send it direct, not
thru this list. The factory included as STOCK STANDARD PRODUCTION, a spoiler
on the front of the TR-6 I believe in that year 1971. I do have a photo of a
stock TR-6 and the factory stock spoiler.We also had a big spoiler on the
GT-6 for 1972 and maybe earlier, but I don't remember for certain without
checking some old photos...

In my book "Historical and Technical Guide"  (# 2 book) on pages 187 thru
193 is about those spoilers and the photo.