fot

[Fot] ARE Alloy Wheel Nuts

To: Kate <kgb@frontiernet.net>, spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] ARE Alloy Wheel Nuts
From: "tr4.tony@virgin.net" <tsheach@pba.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:21:13 +0000
Hi folks

A quandry I have that I'm sure you chaps across the puddle can help with.

I have a set of American Racing 4 spoke alloy wheels as used on the tr250 and
tr6 .... I believe you call them daisy pattern. The bolt holes are almost
oblong and designed to be like this.

the nuts comprise an inner segment which screws onto the standard wheel stud,
but the hole is off centre meaning that the 'inner' nut threads on
eccentrically. Over these fit a thin cast alloy nut cap about 2mm thick in the
same vein as the silverstone spinner.

My qusetion is what on earth are these ..... They don't look too clever.
Should I use standard are lug nuts on these ?

Whatdayaknow ?

Regards

Tony