fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Planning - Wednesday/Thursday

To: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Planning - Wednesday/Thursday
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:40:53 -0700
So the thing with Watkins Glen is the highly variable pit
accommodations. You can be in a very handy spot or on the far end of
east nowhere. I never DID find Dentinger last year. I'm going to be
pitting with Tony Garmey since he's bringing Peyote, but if I was
bringing Nero i'd want to be right where i was last year--behind the
garages in the non-reserved RV spaces. Power, water, and all that good
stuff. Of course if you're staying in a hotel it's not that big a
deal. I think Tony has us in some fleabag, knowing his sensibilities.

There's a minor chance I'll actually be in an Airstream. Diane and I
are looking at a Bambi for doing surf safaris up and down the east and
west coasts. Timing might work out for a little long distance paddle
for charity with my brother and a bunch of his friends--22 miles from
Plymouth to Provincetown (this stand up paddle surfing thing is really
taking off). then watkins Glen.  Then maybe go down the east coast to
do some late season surfing, and a little leaf-peeping in New England.

I should warn you guys that Watkins Glen is close enough to home
(Boston) to create another gathering of Babcocks. We had 30 of 'em at
Limerock cheering Peyote on last year. Scary thought, but it might
happen. You might want to check your insurance coverage, it's lot like
having the Huns come to visit.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com