fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 vavle assembly

To: ablake2@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 vavle assembly
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 03:11:23 GMT
I went to the machine shop that I use with a head and went thru his assortment
of valve shims until I found the diameters that fit.  I shim mine about 0.080
to 0.100 to inches and at that height the spring will slide out of the seat
pockets.  I buy some seats with a retainer (on the inside) and then machine
them on my lathe to fit the seat pocket.  This keeps everything in place
nicely. Joe(B)

-- "Greg & Alison Blake" <ablake2@austin.rr.com> wrote:
What do you use for shims to adjust the vale spring pressure?  I have
not seen any for sale?

Thanks,

Greg
Fot mailing list