fot

Re: [Fot] Street Triumph activity for Friday WGI Vintage Race

To: Bill Sohl <billsohl@optonline.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Street Triumph activity for Friday WGI Vintage Race
From: John Herrera <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:22:48 -0400
I'm registered for the Tour de Marque. Will drive The Blue TR3.

Wings of Eagles isn't part of Tour de Marque is it? Seems like that would take
all day by itself.

Last year during TRA we did laps of The Glen in our TR3s and TR4s. Some
Numbskull way up front couldn't keep up with the pace car and the laps for us
in the back were way too slow (no passing). This time, I'm lining up right
behind the pace car.

John H.

> Not all us FOTers have a race Triumph...so...> > Here's a great way to get
involved at the Glen Vintage Race weekend with your street driven Triumph....>
> FYI if you are interested in participating in the "Tour de Marque" driving
event on Friday as part of the day's activities (you must be driving a
Triumph) there are less than 20 openings (the event is limited to 100 cars). >
> Here's the rough set of activities (all on Friday except as noted)> > 1.
Tour of the Wings of Eagles air museum (near Elmira)> 2. Brunch for driver and
navigator at the WGI racetrack> 3. Two parade laps around the WGI racetrack>
4. Two laps around the "old street" racecourse> 5. Reserved downtown parking>
6. Saturday and Sunday - Reserved parking at WGI racetrack at the BMW Corral
Parking area> > Note, the registration fee for the "Tour de Marque" is $135
and it INCLUDES two full race weekend WGI tickets.> > For immediate info and
registration form, go to:> > http://www.grandprixfestival.com/ > > Click on:
the Stone Bridge Drivers Events link> > Click on Watkins Glen International
Tour de Marque - Triumph> > Click on "entry form here" at the right end of the
"To Enter:" line.