fot

Re: [Fot] injection vs webers

To: "'Terry and Cindy'" <roadandtrack@bigpond.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] injection vs webers
From: "Keith Files" <keithfiles@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:08:32 +0100
Hi Terry,

Can't supply any technical detail but would tell you that all of the
successful TR5/6 racers in the UK have converted to triple 45 DCOE's in
order to a) eliminate the 4000 rpm 'black hole' that you get with the Lucas
PI and b) to extract more power at up to 8000 rpm (depending on cam profile
of course).

Jon Wood in the UK has been the leading light on these conversions and it
was him who finally persuaded me to move from the PI system, after years of
development and cost, to Webers; I have never looked back.

Cheers, Keith.