fot

Re: [Fot] Fw: alternatives to the SCCA?

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fw: alternatives to the SCCA?
From: Scott Cypher <spitfireracer@xsmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:33:12 -0400
Look, dude, my car isn't an issue; I've got a ton of street spares
and plenty of stock body work.  DOT tires, steel body panels, and I'm
vintage legal.

Not everyone is in my situation.  We've got 3 years to make the
change, if it comes to pass.  A simple question was asked, where can
the car be run without mods, as is, where is.  If SVRA isn't it, then
say so and drop it.  I had enough lectures in college I don't need
any more.

Kudos to those few where able to see the basic question and give the
straight answer.  If we want to run a different org, we have enough
experience reading the 2" thick SCCA rule set, I think we can handle
a 3 page rule set.  Most of our ilk did go to some kind of higher ed,
so I think we can adapt. It took some beer though...But we're all not
ready to jump ship, yet...

If anyone else can point us to an org that will take a HP 2008
prepped car and allow it to run without out mods, as is, please speak
up.  If your org won't allow it, or would require a mod, then I
respectfully request you ____..   Fill in the blank with your choice
phrase or witticism (sp?)

Thanks

-S