fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA? and HSR

To: GRMTim@aol.com, whimsey1@earthlink.net, jaxonracing@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA? and HSR
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:24:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/2008 11:20:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, GRMTim
writes:

Second,  while I agree with Jack's words (if not his tone) about letting
modern SCCA  cars into SVRA, wouldn't this be a great opportunity for HSR? HSR
has
always  unofficially been more about newer cars and a little looser prep
interpretation. You would think that they might jump on this chance to further
differentiate themselves from SVRA and welcome old SCCA prepped cars into
their fold.

Tim, et al:

My "tone" comes from the fact that I am a curmudgeon, but also is mostly to
be taken with a grain of salt. Apparently some folks cannot differentiate my
dry  humor from outright personal assault. Do I need to filter my thoughts
here?  However, I might add that I have many supporters who echo my thoughts
and
who  have had the wisdom and courtesy not to post them on the open forum.

As to the HSR concept, I have brought this and other similar ideas up over
the past few years. However, I have no influence there. It makes perfect sense
to me. They might have one or two classes just for the later spec production
cars. No need for another race group. Most would fit right into Group 2. I
would  further keep them on slicks.

This actually ties in to the Walter Mitty theme that was the reason HSR  even
exists.

Tim, you have influence and wisdom. Why don't you carry the water on  this?

Jack

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.