fot

Re: [Fot] mileage plus

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] mileage plus
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:51:28 -0700
You won't see them in Oregon either, when you do it's a real shock. I
got stopped by a cop because my diesel was emitting too much soot. I
thanked him for stopping me, I didn't see it  (long way to the back of
my F350 crew cab). It was a haywire sensor, easily fixed, but the
dealer had to take it through DEQ.

On Jun 6, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Randall wrote:

>> I am talking about the beaters that are are leaving a smoke
>> screen reminiscent of the old DDT sprayers I used to see in my youth.
>
> Sorry, Joe, my mistake.  We don't have those around here; even cars
> too old
> for biannual smog inspection are not allowed to emit visible smoke.
>
> Yes, I've even gotten a ticket for it, when a valve seal failed on
> my 59
> TR3A.
>
> Randall
>
> You are subscribed as billb@bnj.com