fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 top hat bushing

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, john@quantumechanics.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 top hat bushing
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:45:27 EDT
In a message dated 06/25/2008 9:29:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
hottr6@hotmail.com writes:

> In my line of work using advanced scientific sensors, one of our
> manufacturers is British (the others are Swiss and Canadian - the US
> cannot build this stuff, but that is another thread).  The Brit
> sensors has worse than 60% failure rate and I return all the rejects.
> This stuff cannot be "repaired" or "improved".  I ask the manufacturer
> what they do with all my rejects, and though they were mum on the subject,
> I just know that the rejects are shipped to less discriminating customers.
>
> FWIW, the Swiss and Canadian sensors always meet specifications, but cost
> more than the British sensors.

So!  Let me get this straight.  Good Work ain't cheap, & Cheap Work ain't
good.  That answers a lot of questions.

Bill (Damdinger)

PS...Many, many years ago I used to sublet grading work to a guy, who used a
small Deere dozer with a six way blade.  He was very, very good at what he
did.  He had that saying, "Good Work ain't cheap, & Cheap Work ain't good"
painted across the hood.  This was an earthy, blue collar, one man operation,
making
a pretty nice marketing statement on his one piece of equipment for the early
1960s.  Another one that caught my fancy during the same period was a local
waste hauler, whose trucks read, "Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your
rubbish back!"