fot

Re: [Fot] Mallory dual point trouble-shooting

To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <mark@bradakis.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Mallory dual point trouble-shooting
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:06:17 -0700
Mark, you make some good points (pardon the pun).  But one of my main
reasons to used a Pertronix igniter conversion to trigger the MSD was
because it eliminates that mechanical contact against the cam inside the
distributor.  So there is no wear on that fiber piece that causes (however
slight) changes in the points gap.

Joe C.