fot

[Fot] Ambro 001

To: FOT of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Ambro 001
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:07:23 -0700
Since Peyote wasn't done in time, I raced the Ambro at the Pacific
Northwest Historics last weekend. Didn't have time to do much to it
before the race, and no time to familiarize myself. They put me in
Group two which for this weekend is mostly sports racers. My best time
for the weekend was 1:45 something, Peyote generally turns around
1:39-1:40. Not bad for the first time out.

I developed an oil leak about two-thirds of the way through the
feature race--a patch the modified oil filter adapter gave way. I got
a meatball for smoking and pulled off the track into the infield
immediately after seeing it to avoid oiling the track.

In all, not a bad showing. The motor is weak, the car is probably 200
pounds heavier than Peyote, but it handles pretty well and has good
brakes. It's very pretty--got lots of comments. I think I can get it
up to Peyote level pretty easily.

Here's a link to some shots Chuck Arnold took on the grid.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Triosan/BillBabcockAndAmbro1AtFirstRace/photo#5219976110724929842

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com