fot

Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS

To: "Russ Moore" <rem9@frontiernet.net>, "'Robert MacKenzie'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:58:18 -0700
Since Triumph designated the model year up until 1967 as the actual year in
which it was built, all those other "model years" are really immaterial,
including those cars withthe infamous "STC" plates.  A car built in the last
day of December 1963 is a 63 car whereas a car built on January 1 of 1964 is
a 64 model even though the cars may identical in every respect.

That remained in place until it became necessary for Triumph to pay
attention to emission and safety requirements designated in particular US
Model years.  They were forced to adopt the methodology that US
manufactureres were using at the time to designate a year model of the car.
Simply stated, after 1967 the year model designates the safety and emissions
standards in effect att he time.

My 2 pence worth,

Joe C.