fot

Re: [Fot] Setting ign timing Also, track day coming up

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Setting ign timing Also, track day coming up
From: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:01:38 -0700
> Cool.  Thanks gang.  I'll break out my old red Buck-Rodgers style
> timing ray gun.

I signed up for a non-vintage event next Saturday for the opportunity
to get more seat time in my car.  The group is called "Speed Ventures"
out here in Los Angeles.
This is a track event where people bring their modern street cars out
to wear out their tires and brakes.  I'll have the only TR and perhaps
the only 4 cyl car.
About eight months ago, I pulled my engine and rebuilt it slowly over
the winter and spring.  I just can't wait until my next vintage event
in Sept. or perhaps Nov to get in the car.
Here is a list of the other cars that will be present.    It's divided
into four different run groups based on driver experience.  As you can
see below in the list of other cars, I have a very underpowered car by
comparison.  I'm expecting 10 or so cars in whichever group they put
me in and I'm not out there to race but rather, to drive my car and
get the feel for my new motor. Perhaps work out a few bugs before my
next VARA race.

Anybody out there run a track day like this?

Name:  Car:  Horsepower:  Tires
1999 Porsche Boxster    0       Race
andrew enz      1995 Porsche 911 Carrera        270     Race
Bimmer545       2008 BMW M3     0       Street
Bob Marsan      2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06     405     Street
craig dale      2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06     0       Race
Daniel Chen     2003 Nissan 350Z        370     Street
David Bruder 24 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera        270     Race
Doug Fulk
Doug Hoffman    2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 280     Street
Ed Lever 8      2005 Ford GT    550     Street
Ed McRae 19     1983 Porsche 944        0       Race
Gene Agatep     2003 Porsche 911 Carrera        0       Street
gunter enz 19   1995 Porsche 911 Carrera        272     Race
Hwbtdmcowbys    1999 Porsche 911 Carrera        0       Street
Jed Roth        2007 Porsche Cayman S   0       Street
Jeff S. Lee / SlickAuto.com     2003 BMW M3     333     Street
Jet Patel
john colwell    2007 Ford Mustang GT    309     Street
John Munoa      1997 Porsche Boxster    220     Race
John Stramotas 54       2005 Nissan 350Z        320     Street
Michael Andersen        2004 Porsche 911 GT3    381     Street
mike evans      2004 Porsche 911 Turbo  0       Street
MIKE HENDERSON  1995 Mazda RX-7 0       Street
Mike Martinez   2004 Nissan 350Z        300     Street
Navon   2002 Porsche 911 GT2    0       Street
Nik Adell       2004 Porsche 911 Turbo  0       Street
OliTho #22 yellow Corvette      2002 Chevrolet Alvaka Networks Z06      405
Race
Robert Marsan 40        2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06     0       Street
Steve Abbott    1999 Chevrolet Corvette FRC     450     Race
stevebelfer     1962 Triumph TR3        150     Race
STILLEN GT      2006 Ford GT    550     Race
Stretch 2003 Nissan 350Z        262     Race
tino stramotas 17       2003 Nissan 350Z Turbo  0       Street
TKim
william hoppe   2002 Chevrolet Corvette C5      490     Street