fot

Re: [Fot] Lever shock mounts

To: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>, "Friends of Triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lever shock mounts
From: "TR4Tony" <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:03:49 +0100
Henry

I have seen this and its worth noting that the Works Rally TR4's had
reinforcing of the rear turret in period to stop this sort of thing
happening (even with the larger DAS10 mount).

I run a couple of mods on BST82B which are similar, but using a DAS9 type
adjustable twi nvalve shock. So far any failure ive had has been of the arm
of the shock detaching or snapping, usually as a result of getting the car
airborne off a decent sized jump. The turrets dont show any signs of failure
after 5 years of hard work. Usually the u bolts and the restraining hoops
snap and the diff ends up reshaping the rear of the parcel shelf if im being
naughty .... so you hear a good whack to let you know that youve destroyed
the rear end.

If you want to know more about what Im running email me off list.

Best regards

Tony