fot

[Fot] Uncle Jack

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Uncle Jack
From: jcjcarrera@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 05:56:59 +0000
--===============1779615159==

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25833_1219039019_0

My goodness! Just returned to town and logged on. What a shock to hear that
Uncle Jack has passed away. If it wasn't for Uncle Jack and his buddy Joe
Alexander, I'd probably still be thinking about getting into vintage racing.

They answered my VTR ad about purchasing a Triumph vintage racer in December of
2004. When I was in Chicago on business the following January, I managed to
sneak away and drive over to Geneseo to take a look at a red TR4 that Jack and
Joe were selling. Uncle Jack and Frances were very gracious to me. After
breakfast we went out into the garage and crawled all over #24, but frankly, it
was hard not to keep my eyes off of Jack's blue and white TR4. The workmanship
was amazing and the Triumph was a winner just sitting there. I knew I was in
the presence of someone who was a professional  in this field.

It was a no brainer for me. I bought the car and left Uncle Jack with a lengthy
laundry list of "enhancements" suggested by him. Uncle Jack was very fair in
his prices, the quality of his work was outstanding and he delivered on time. I
can't remember how many times he answered my calls and responded to my e-mails,
but it was a bunch.

I echo all the sentiments I've read tonight, Uncle Jack was a great mentor,
racer, family man and an icon in FoT.

My condolences to Frances and Tony, Joe and Jan and all the folks who knew
"Uncle Jack" far longer than I have.

John James

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25833_1219039019_0

<DIV>My goodness! Just returned to town and logged on. What a shock to hear
that Uncle Jack has passed away. If it wasn't for Uncle Jack and his buddy Joe
Alexander, I'd probably still be thinking about getting into vintage
racing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>They answered my VTR ad about purchasing a Triumph vintage racer in
December of 2004. When I was in Chicago on business the following January, I
managed to sneak away and drive over to Geneseo to take a look at a red TR4
that Jack and Joe were selling. Uncle Jack and Frances were very gracious to
me. After breakfast we went out into the garage and crawled all over #24, but
frankly, it was hard not to keep my eyes off of Jack's blue and white TR4. The
workmanship was amazing and the Triumph was a winner just sitting there. I knew
I was in the presence of someone who was a professional&nbsp; in this
field.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It was a no brainer for me. I bought the car and left Uncle Jack with a
lengthy laundry list of "enhancements" suggested by him. Uncle Jack was very
fair in his prices, the quality of his work was outstanding and he delivered on
time. I can't remember how many times he answered my calls and responded to my
e-mails, but it was a bunch.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I echo all the sentiments I've read tonight, Uncle Jack was a great
mentor, racer, family man and an icon in FoT.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My condolences to Frances and Tony, Joe and Jan and all the folks who knew
"Uncle Jack"&nbsp;far longer than I have.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>John James</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>