fot

[Fot] LUK clutches

To: "Lorne Fritz" <lfritz82@hotmail.com>,
Subject: [Fot] LUK clutches
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:34:55 -0400
There have been at least 3 LuK clutch pressure plate failures in racers
that I can document this year. All were about 5 years of racing use.
Look at the 3 metal straps that hold the part that engages the friction
disk to the outer shell. Mine broke at the rivet and would not
disengage. Leo's developed a nasty vibration. Tony's started slipping.

Also George's Borg and Beck failed, throwing a little chunk that could
not escape the bellhousing until it made a hole big enough to escape.
Scratch that gearbox case...

There have been way too many gearbox pulls in the paddock this season
because of clutches... Also having a new clutch kit ready to go in the
race spares is a very good idea.