fot

[Fot] TR3 small mouth vintage race car for sale

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3 small mouth vintage race car for sale
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:13:43 GMT
--------------Boundary-00=_6D53585NS1RUENTMG1BJ

--------------Boundary-00=_6D53AJRTI2K466N48DEJ

Amici,
I bought this car=C2=A0eight years ago and have finally reached the =
conclusion that I'm not going to get the time to finish building it let =
alone get the time to race it.
This car was originally turned into a vintage race car in the early 80's =
and raced with VARA on the west coast.=C2=A0 The previous owner stopped =
racing it around 1996 to do some frame modifications to it.=C2=A0 He =
pulled the body from the frame and never got any farther than that.=C2=A0 =
Joe Alexander trailered the car from L.A. to Dallas for me in 2000.=C2=A0 =
When I asked the PO what I needed to do to get the car running he told me =
to bolt the body back onto the frame, hook up the wires, add oil and gas =
and go racing.=C2=A0 Taking the advice from members of the FOT they =
suggested that I at least pull the pan and check out the main and rod =
bearings.=C2=A0 So I did and that led to me finding that the oil pump =
shaft had sheared and gauled the crank.=C2=A0 Rather than go racing I =
ended up tearing everything down for a rebuild.
Fast forward to 2008 and my wife and I are moving from Arkansas to =
Kentucky and=C2=A0I just don't have the time, room or energy to deal with =
putting the car back together.=C2=A0 I came to the conclusion I =
=22might=22 be able to give it some attention around 2017 :(
This car was a rust free california car that was turned into a vintage =
racer.=C2=A0 It wouldn't take that much work to convert it back to a =
street car if desired.=C2=A0 I have a LOT of parts to go along with the =
car.=C2=A0 I have most of what it takes to convert it to a street car and =
I also have most of what it takes to complete it as a vintage race =
car.=C2=A0=20
If interested contact me for specifics.
Thanks,
Brad
870-329-1335=

--------------Boundary-00=_6D53AJRTI2K466N48DEJ

Amici,<br />
I bought this car&nbsp;eight years ago and have finally reached the =
conclusion that I'm not going to get the time to finish building it let =
alone get the time to race it.<br />
This car was originally turned into a vintage race car in the early 80's =
and raced with VARA on the west coast.&nbsp; The previous owner stopped =
racing it around 1996 to do some frame modifications to it.&nbsp; He =
pulled the body from the frame and never got any farther than that.&nbsp; =
Joe Alexander trailered the car from L.A. to Dallas for me in 2000.&nbsp; =
When I asked the PO what I needed to do to get the car running he told me =
to bolt the body back onto the frame, hook up the wires, add oil and gas =
and go racing.&nbsp; Taking the advice from members of the FOT they =
suggested that I at least pull the pan and check out the main and rod =
bearings.&nbsp; So I did and that led to me finding that the oil pump =
shaft had sheared and gauled the crank.&nbsp; Rather than go racing I =
ended up tearing everything down for a rebuild.<br />
Fast forward to 2008 and my wife and I are moving from Arkansas to =
Kentucky and&nbsp;I just don't have the time, room or energy to deal with =
putting the car back together.&nbsp; I came to the conclusion I =
=22might=22 be able to give it some attention around 2017 :(<br />
This car was a rust free california car that was turned into a vintage =
racer.&nbsp; It wouldn't take that much work to convert it back to a =
street car if desired.&nbsp; I have a LOT of parts to go along with the =
car.&nbsp; I have most of what it takes to convert it to a street car and =
I also have most of what it takes to complete it as a vintage race =
car.&nbsp; <br />
If interested contact me for specifics.<br />
Thanks,<br />
Brad<br />
870-329-1335<br />