fot

Re: [Fot] next year - Group 44 Reunion

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] next year - Group 44 Reunion
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:23:19 -0400
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Don Marshall
> Subject: Re: [Fot] next year - Group 44 Reunion
>
> Is the Mitty an HSR event?

For those of us with short memories, we did the Mitty as our feature
event a few years ago, I think it was 2005. Yes, it was a an HSR event
then, I assume it continues to be an HSR event.

HSR does things different than what we are used to seeing here in the
east. I know it annoyed some folks, but it didn't stop me from having a
great time.

But, my vote for our feature event will always be to go to a club event,
not a festival event. We tend to get more track time and have the
opportunity to enjoy each others company, as opposed to being drawn away
with other activities.

I am not trying to put down the fantastic weekend we just had at the
Glen, and all the efforts of Joe Alexander, Jack Woehrle, Tim Suddard,
et al. I had a blast. And the fact we had such little attrition is
probably due to the fact we didn't get a lot of track time! So maybe
there is something to say about that...

But for me, I will always vote for an event that is heavy on track time
and light on fluff. No matter how much fun the fluff is, I enjoy driving
my car more.

To restate the obvious, there is no reason we can't support a west coast
event AND an east coast event. The CSC sounds like a hoot. I hope some
of us out east can figure out how to get cars there. The Group 44
reunion at the Mitty sounds great as well. I'm sure it will be well
attended. I don't have a May event on my race schedule yet, I'd consider
it. Road Atlanta is a great track.

What I would like to see is we grow on the big Triumph turnout we had
last year at the VDCA event at VIR in April!