fot

[Fot] Watkins Glen - I just got home!!!

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Watkins Glen - I just got home!!!
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:43:42 +0100
I finally got home today (Thurs) after spending 48 hours in my trailer home
trying to work out where
I was and the time of day. Flight home to London Heathrow from Boston can best
be described as Shake
Rattle and Roll. Substantial turbulence most of the way and I had to wait
*three hours* to have my
in-flight plastic meal as cabin crew had to stay belted as well. Arrival in
London in the early
hours of Tuesday was just as I expected - dark, overcast and raining - as usual
:)
But I just want to say one BIG thank you to all you guys and lovely ladies who
I met for the first
time at The Glen - especially to Joe Alexander (for inviting me there in the
first place) and to Bob
Lang who took on the practical aspects of actually ensuring I did get there
from Boston.
Joe, you organised a truly great event, Bob I'm so sorry I fell asleep so soon
after leaving the
circuit - and stayed asleep for so long!
I greatly look forward to seeing as many of you as possible next year when the
Charity Drive gets
underway and I think I'd quite like to do it in the 250K :)

Cheers all, Jonmac

Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation