fot

Re: [Fot] Flywheels

To: "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Flywheels
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:44:07 -0700
--===============0045527669==

------=_Part_14882_25820977.1222098247688

I have had good success with the Fidanza aluminum flywheelwith a simple
modification.  I had the holes enlarged and countersunk to take ARP Insert
Washers[200-8563].  These provide a hardened steel support for the bolts and
keeps them from enlarging the holes in the flywheel by "walking".  You can
see a picture of the flywheelwith the inserts and ARPbolts at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Triosan/250RebuildShotsFlywheel#5248867166626193810

--
Chuck Arnold

------=_Part_14882_25820977.1222098247688

simple modification.&nbsp; I had the holes enlarged and countersunk to take ARP
Insert Washers[200-8563].&nbsp; These provide a hardened steel support for the
bolts and keeps them from enlarging the holes in the flywheel by
&quot;walking&quot;.&nbsp; You can see a picture of the flywheelwith the
inserts and ARPbolts at:<br>

<a
href="http://picasaweb.google.com/Triosan/250RebuildShotsFlywheel#5248867166626193810";

 class="gmail_quote">
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Tony Drews <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
href="mailto:tony@tonydrews.com";
204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">A number of folks are
successful with an aluminum flywheel. &nbsp;Others<br>
have had them work loose, which is bad. &nbsp;They are lighter than a<br>
lightened stock flywheel, and as mentioned, an lightened stock<br>
flywheel requires a scatter shield. &nbsp;Honestly, racing a TR requires a<br>
scatter shield anyway. &nbsp;There are a couple of sources for light<br>
custom made steel flywheels that are as light as the aluminum<br>
flywheel, and none of them have come off so far. &nbsp;That&#39;s what I<br>
run. &nbsp;I &nbsp;think ARE sells them.<br>
- Tony Drews<br>
At 07:21 PM 9/18/2008, <a href="mailto:westerneagleracing@att.net";
target="_blank">westerneagleracing@att.net</a> wrote:<br>
&gt;FOT,<br>
&gt;Thoughts on aliuminum versus lightened &nbsp;flywheels on a TR4?<br>
&gt;Ron Jacobs<br>
&gt;Western Eagle Racing<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";