fot

[Fot] Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival-The Legends Speak FoT

To: lhdurland@gmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival-The Legends Speak FoT
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:02:26 EDT
--===============1658811367==

--part1_c35.43de07d3.360d1012_boundary

FOT:

More well deserved thanks...to....Kas Kastner, Ed Diehl, Bob Johns, John
Macartney:

The Legends Speak.

The FOT was well represented and they held the audience attention for more
than an hour.  Brian Redman was there, too, but decided he was unecessary to
the
success of the program and quickly passed the baton.

See note from Committee Chair, Lew Durland, below:

> Joe,
> Thank you so much for all you did to make The Legends Speak a very
> successful event.  We had a record turnout for our event, and all the
>speakers were
> great.  I greatly enjoyed meeting John Macartney and hearing his humorous
> stories from his days at Triumph as well as his very sobering personal tale
>of
> PTSD.  Bob Johns spoke fondly of his racing at Sebring in 1957.  He and and
>his
> wife were very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with them immensely.  Kas
> provided a great view from the technical and managerial perspective, and it
>was
> great to see Ed Diehl again and to meet his wife Linda this time.
>
> Thank you so much for arranging and bringing the speakers for this event.
> And thank you for keeping after me.  All in all, it was a success.  I heard
> many compliments and good comments.
>
> Thanks again for your invitation to stop up at the Triumph paddock.
> Unfortunately, I ended up having other commitments to which I had to attend
>during
> the rest of the weekend, so I never got back up to the track.  We hope you
>can
> make it back next year.
>
> Lew

   </HTML>

--part1_c35.43de07d3.360d1012_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>FOT:
<BR>
<BR>More well deserved thanks...to....<B>Kas Kastner, Ed Diehl, Bob Johns, J=
ohn Macartney: </B>
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=
=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FAC=
E=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B>The Legends Speak. &nbsp;</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0=
00000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=
=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></B>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>
<BR>The FOT was well represented and they held the audience attention for mo=
re than an hour. &nbsp;Brian Redman was there, too, but decided he was unece=
ssary to the success of the program and quickly passed the baton.
<BR>
<BR>See note from Committee Chair, Lew Durland, below: &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-=
LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Joe,
<BR>Thank you so much for all you did to make The Legends Speak a very succe=
ssful event. &nbsp;We had a record turnout for our event, and all the speake=
rs were great. &nbsp;I greatly enjoyed meeting John Macartney and hearing hi=
s humorous stories from his days at Triumph as well as his very sobering per=
sonal tale of PTSD. &nbsp;Bob Johns spoke fondly of his racing at Sebring in=
 1957. &nbsp;He and and his wife were very friendly and I enjoyed speaking w=
ith them immensely. &nbsp;Kas provided a great view from the technical and m=
anagerial perspective, and it was great to see Ed Diehl again and to meet hi=
s wife Linda this time. &nbsp;
<BR>=20
<BR>Thank you so much for arranging and bringing the speakers for this event=
. &nbsp;And thank you for keeping after me. &nbsp;All in all, it was a succe=
ss. &nbsp;I heard many compliments and good comments.
<BR>=20
<BR>Thanks again for your invitation to stop up at the Triumph paddock. &nbs=
p;Unfortunately, I ended up having other commitments to which I had to atten=
d during the rest of the weekend, so I never got back up to the track. &nbsp=
;We hope you can make it back next year.
<BR>=20
<BR>Lew
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0">
<BR></P></P></FONT>   </HTML>