fot

Re: [Fot] Non-LBC group question

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>, edwardbarnard@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Non-LBC group question
From: Ernest Husmann <ehusmann53@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:11:00 -0700 (PDT)
--===============0733433963==

--0-1676165555-1222791060=:40264

Ed:
=A0
>From STP's web page: STP =3D Scientifically Treated Petroleum

--- On Tue, 9/30/08, EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net> wrote:

From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Subject: [Fot] Non-LBC group question
To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 11:06 AM

Lister's: I'm writing a magazine article about Indy roadsters (Kurtis', Nov=
i', etc) and am examining the Studebaker/Packard powered cars. In 1963 Stud=
ebaker purchased from three gentlemen a little known company named Chemical=
 Compounds, which had an oil additive product they were selling from the tr=
unks of their cars. Studebaker gave Andy Granatelli, then head engineer and=
 chief test=A0driver for Studebaker the position of CEO of the newly acquir=
ed company which he then=A0renamed STP. Now my question...does anyone know =
for certain the meaning of STP? I am getting mixed answers from=A0The Racin=
g History Group. Most say it stands for Specially Treated Petroleum, while =
a few are saying it stands for Studebaker Test Products. Do any of the FOTe=
rs know the "true" side of the story?=20
BTW, later I will relate=A0this past Saturday spent with three great guys, =
Johnny Rutherford, Lloyd Ruby,=A0 and Jim McElreath, at a car show we had.=
=20
Thanks - Ed -=A0_______________________________________________

http://www.fot-racing.com

Fot mailing list
Fot@autox.team.net

=0A=0A=0A
--0-1676165555-1222791060=:40264

style="font: inherit;"><DIV>Ed:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>From STP's web page: STP = Scientifically Treated Petroleum<BR><BR>--- On
<B>Tue, 9/30/08, EDWARD BARNARD <I>&lt;edwardbarnard@prodigy.net&gt;</I></B>
wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT:
rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid">From: EDWARD BARNARD
&lt;edwardbarnard@prodigy.net&gt;<BR>Subject: [Fot] Non-LBC group
question<BR>To: "FOT" &lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt;<BR>Date: Tuesday, September
30, 2008, 11:06 AM<BR><BR>
<DIV id=yiv23064315>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
<DIV id=yiv219446131>Lister's: I'm writing a magazine article about Indy
roadsters (Kurtis', Novi', etc) and am examining the Studebaker/Packard powered
cars. In 1963 Studebaker purchased from three gentlemen a little known company
named Chemical Compounds, which had an oil additive product they were selling
from the trunks of their cars. Studebaker gave Andy Granatelli, then head
engineer and chief test&nbsp;driver for Studebaker the position of CEO of the
newly acquired company which he then&nbsp;renamed STP. Now my question...does
anyone know for certain the meaning of STP? I am getting mixed answers
from&nbsp;The Racing History Group. Most say it stands for Specially Treated
Petroleum, while a few are saying it stands for Studebaker Test Products. Do
any of the FOTers know the "true" side of the story? </DIV>
<DIV>BTW, later I will relate&nbsp;this past Saturday spent with three great
guys, Johnny Rutherford, Lloyd Ruby,&nbsp; and Jim McElreath, at a car show we
had. </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks - Ed

http://www.fot-racing.com

Fot mailing list