fot

Re: [Fot] Rear Wheel cylinder removal - spring clips

To: colordog.1@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear Wheel cylinder removal - spring clips
From: fubog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:56:32 -0400
The bottom one (next to the backing plate) is convex side facing the
plate. It has little folds on the end that lock into notches on the
ends of the center plate. The small outer clip has the ends folded up
also. To get it apart either pry off the small clip, and most likely
destroy it, or pry up the ends of the center plate & lever it and/or
the lower plate out.
When refitting, fit the lower & outer plate (same direction), fit the
handbrake lever, and then jam in the center plate between the two, in
the opposite direction, until the lugs lock. Make sure it slides, fit
the boot, brake pipe, etc.
HTH
Glen