fot

Re: [Fot] MK1 GT6 head help

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] MK1 GT6 head help
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:45:55 -0500
It's certainly helpful if the flange of the exhaust and intake
manifolds are the same thickness.  Ideally, you'd have a thick flange
on the exhaust manifold  - helps prevent warping too.  But, you can
weld little blocks on a thinner flange to match thicknesses.  Jack
had some special compressible intake / exhaust gaskets made up for
the TR-4 that helped greatly, but were like $70 per set (2
gaskets).  They are not re-usable.  I don't think he had pursued
other models of TR, but I'd be willing to take a stab at that if
there's enough interest.  Given enough interest in a given model, I
need a set of the "stock" gaskets and notes of any changes needed in
their design for things like milled heads.

For the TR-4, we had them designed so that they'd work with milled
heads, and I really need to have a few sets made up with smaller
intake holes - my weber manifold barely touches the gasket with the
hole the same size as the normal "heavy duty" gaskets.

- Tony Drews