fot

Re: [Fot] Serious Question on TR3/4 Oil Pump Rotor Assembly

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Serious Question on TR3/4 Oil Pump Rotor Assembly
From: "Bill DeWar" <pcdelux@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:12:54 -0400
Joe & listers,

 A while back available replacement oil pump rotors were not
pinned onto the drive shaft. This led to some slipping on the
shaft after extended driving. Loss of oil pressure the result. Lately
I've heard of a few of the newer replacement rotors with the pin
having said pin move out and jam the oil pump. This usually results
in the drive tang breaking off and loss of oil pressure. All the originals
I've ever taken apart were pinned but I do not know for sure they all
were.

Bill DeWar
TR Rescue