fot

Re: [Fot] TR-4 SVRA Rules Question

To: philhyer@gmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR-4 SVRA Rules Question
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:16:35 EDT
This is technically against the rules. I see no reason why you cannot box
the frame if it has lost strength due to age. That only adds weight in an area
where it is not an advantage.

Running triangulation to the shock towers is not proper for the  period.

I would be interested to see what the FOT forum has to say about this, and
in particular, whether there are many "vintage" cars running that way now.

Jack  Woehrle
SVRA Technical Director

In a message dated 10/26/2008 11:53:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

<<<there was a noticeable
amount of chassis flex in the  front end. In an effort to shore up the
front end, we would like to run  bars from the front hoop(which is
low-under the dash) to the center area of  the shock tower as well as
box in the front of the frame rails. Will this  pass SVRA tech?  If
not, can you make any suggestions that  would?  I appreciate any input
you can  offer.>>>>

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1211625659x1200715650/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=82&bcd=emailf
ooter)