fot

[Fot] 4:55 Triumph 10 Diff and 1147 engine available

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] 4:55 Triumph 10 Diff and 1147 engine available
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:40:13 -0700
A friend of mine is cleaning out a bunch of stuff he has on hand and asked
me if I had any use for any of it.  Among the things he has is a Triumph 10
diff (4.55:1) and a complete Mk1 Spit engine.

I sold him the Spit engine a few years ago for his Triumph 10 project which
never got off the ground.  He is now selling everything he has.

I am not sure about the compatibility of the 4:55 gears with an early Spit
diff since the TR-10 has a solid axle setup instead of IRS.  But there is
some intelligence that says it is compatible.

The engine came with my Black Mk1 Spit when I bought it and my friend says
that it appears to be in very good condition.  I am sure that it is at least
good enough to be built up as a spare race engine for anyone who is racing
Mk1 or Mk2 Spits.

If anyone is interested in exploring either of these things, let me know off
list and I will put you in touch with him.

Regards,

Joe Curry