fot

Re: [Fot] Limited Slip Differentials

To: "Paul MacDonald" <macdonaldp@rogers.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Limited Slip Differentials
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 19:16:25 -1000
 From everything I've heard they don't do much. looking at the bits
I'm not surprised. A salisbury type LSD uses a stack of clutch plates
to do the job and they overheat easily. this system seems to use the
sides of the spider gears as one clutch surface. There's no real
explanation of how it works, just marketing drivel like "hand-selected
materials". I spent a lot of time in advertising, I speak BS. That's
absolutely BS.

It's a faction of the cost of a real LSD. I expect it works about a
fraction as well.

On Dec 7, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Paul MacDonald wrote:

> http://www.phantomgrip.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=57
>
> Anyone heard of these? Are they any good, have bad points??
>
> Paul
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef
> which had a name of winmail.dat]

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com