fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Second Gear Scrunch

To: 'Friends of Triumph' <fot@autox.team.net>, Mark J Bradakis
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Second Gear Scrunch
From: Ken Suhre <kenandtweety@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:32:50 -0800 (PST)
Mark wrote:About a year ago I rebuilt a trans and A type overdrive for a fellow
here
in Salt Lake City.

Mark,

My experience has been that if all other gears shift fine, then the offending
one probably has a worn blocker ring or the syncro engagement teeth on the gear
are rounded off. A dragging clutch could cause the excess wear to the blocker
ring or it could be the driver not disengaging the clutch properly. It could
also be junior wear. (the guys kid is beating the crap out of it.)

Ken Suhre