fot

Re: [Fot] Ahvenisto

To: Jari Tabell <jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Ahvenisto
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:38:58 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, Jari Tabell wrote:

> Yes, there has been a lot of discussion about this incident here, and
> these photos have been a very good evidence of what really happened.
> Actually, the Opel #68 was sideways already before the black BMW hit it.
> So the driver of the BMW couldn't do anything but braking as hard as
> possible. When the orange BMW arrived, there were yellow flags waving
> and the air full of smoke and car parts already. It's difficult to say
> why he didn't realize what was happening.

It looked to me like the BMWs were ganging up on the Opel!

Yikes.

Hopefully, the Open driver wasn't hurt too bad. It looks like he took a
pretty good shot the second time he was hit.

> Anyway, I think that this a very good reminder that it's good to lift
> off whenever you see something strange happening.

... and you're not balls deep in the corner. Otherwise, it's spin city!

> Jari

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489