fot

Re: [Fot] Street Legal

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Street Legal
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:51:36 -1000
Bob Hoover is still alive I think, but he got his US ticket pulled in
the '90's by some punks at the FAA who were trying to push a mandatory
retirement age issue unrelated to medical fitness. He did finally get
it back, but I doubt he does much flying now, he has to be pushing 90.
I saw him fly P51's and commuter planes in airshows. Amazing control.
A bona fide all american hero. Buddy of Chuck Yeager, broke out of
WWII german prison camp, stole a plane and made it to the Netherlands.
There must be a biography of him somewhere. If not, there darned sure
should be. What a life!!