fot

[Fot] Group 44 Tribute dinner and FOT event

To: FOT@autox.team.net, debbie@grassrootsmotorsports.com,
Subject: [Fot] Group 44 Tribute dinner and FOT event
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:30:26 EST
I have found more than 100 people associated with the Group 44 team. Most of
the main characters have already agreed to come to the Mitty, April
30th-May3rd at Road Atlanta. I also have at least 12-15 Group 44 cars
commited. Joe
Alexander has also agreed that this should be considered an eastcoast FOT
event
for those who can't make Portland. Jack Whoerle will be our FOT Group steward.
Moss is sponsoring the beer party and dart tournament Saturday night. We also
have free MX5s on Saturday and Lotus Elises on Sunday for FOT members to
autocross.

We will begin the weekend with a tribute dinner to the Group 44 team. Most of
the main team members including: Bob Tullius, his son Russ, Ed Diehl, Tony
Adamowisc, Bill Adam, Don Breslauer, Mike Cook, Mike Downs, Steve Knoll, Lanky
Foushee, Dick Gilmartin, and many others have already agreed to attend. We
will
have individual tables of about eight people with a team member at each
table. Mike Cook has agreed to help us put together a presentation with old
footage
from British Leyland films and stills and Bill Warner will be our emcee.

After dinner we will have a panel discussion with Bob Tullius and the team
members. This should be an amazing look at the history of this team, that had
so
much to do with Triumph, MG and Jaguar history. Judging by some of the
stories I have already heard from these team members, it should also be very
entertaining. We will also have at least a dozen Group 44 cars on display next
to the
Chalet.

This is a semi-private party for original team members and current car
owners. It will be held at Road Atlanta's Chalet and will begin at 6:00pm with
beer,
wine and soft drinks provided. (probably have a cash bar as well).

We have room for about 100 additional people and I wanted to offer this to
FOT members, Classic Motorsports subscribers and Jaguar and MG club members
first. Tickets will most likely sell out in just a few days, so please act
fast if
you want to be part of this special evening. The price per ticket is $45 per
person and does not include track ticket for the weekend. Tickets for this
dinner are available at our website. GRMSpeedfest.com.

For the rest of the weekend, we will have autograph signing sessions with Bob
Tullius and various team members at our tent. We will have a parade lap
session and gala celebration of the Group 44 cars on the grid on Saturday and
Bob
Tullius, himself will take one lucky person for a ride around Road Atlanta in
Group 44 car (contest details on our website). We will stage the cars from
newest to oldest and this should make quite a green and white spectacle that
shouldnbt be missed by any Triumph, MG or Jaguar fan.

>From there, Group 44 cars will run int there normal run groups. If there is
enough interest by Triumph, MG and Jaguar racers, we will have groups and
special races dedicated to those groups. HSR officals tell me it would take
about
30 cars to warrant special run groups. If everyone comes, we can get this
done.

>From a spectator standpoint, this will be the biggest Mitty ever. Already
Corvair, Formula Vee and other special interest race groups have pledged to
attend the Mitty to race. There has also been more interest from clubs then
ever
before, as we are hosting a Mazdapalloza club group, the Spitfire Squadron and
many, many British car clubs have pledged attendance.

Mark your calendars, check for updates and VIP tickets on our site and we
look forward to seeing everyone at The Mitty.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040