fot

Re: [Fot] Triumph Trans-America - Latest news from the UK

To: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph Trans-America - Latest news from the UK
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:39:25 -1000
John, I've been looking at your schedule and route, and it's
tantalizingly close to the dates for the Kastner Cup event at Portland
International Raceways (Sept 5 - 7 Columbia River Classic Road Race)
The CRC shares that date and venue with the All British Field Meet,
which is one of the largest confabulations of brit cars in the
Northwest.

We'll be putting together a fairly elaborate and fun set of events
surrounding the race. It looks like the timing will be decidedly off
and you have some pretty firm looking conflicts, but I thought I would
be remiss if I didn't let you know.

On Feb 8, 2009, at 9:53 AM, John Macartney wrote:

> Hi, Everyone
>
> This is just to let you all know there have been recent updates to
> the event website at www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk that hopefully a
> goodly number of you will find interesting?
>
> To start with, 'Stagmeister' Joe Pawlak and his loyal band of
> smashed knucklers at Illinois Sports Owners Association have made
> real progress with the car. The front and rear suspension is in
> place, the body is fully painted and the engine rebuild is well
> underway. If you haven't seen the website recently, there are some
> new pix so you can see what's going on.
>
> Additionally, I'm now delighted to be able to confirm the route
> details, dates and venues (where known and confirmed) are now on the
> website as well. Click on the route on the site sidebar and apart
> from the latest map, you'll be able to see where "uncle jack" and I
> will be at any time or date. There are still a number of things to
> firm up regarding events but the bare bones are now in place. We had
> a major disappointment a few weeks ago when the US charity we'd
> hoped to work with, decided for reasons we're still not too sure
> about - to withdraw from the TTACD. The search is now on to identify
> and recruit a fully accredited and registered US 501c3 non-profit to
> work with us. Hopefully, we'll be able to reveal all when that
> sanction is gained.
>
>> From now onwards, the next stages of the event are to identify
>> which clubs close to the route want
> to join in on the Drive itself. Who wants to join a caravan and who
> doesn't - where each caravan will start and finish etc etc. I'll
> also soon be opening the doors for 'caravanners' to book their
> rallyboard or a seat in "uncle jack" as he makes his noble (and
> noisy) progress across Canada and the U.S.
>
> Four months to go now = and counting
>
> Jonmac _______________________________________________
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Fot mailing list