fot

[Fot] Paint Codes Red

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Paint Codes Red
From: "Mark Eginton" <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 08:56:44 -0500
Since I am rebuilding the engine, I thought I would repaint the engine
compartment in advance of a repaint of the car in the next few years. I am
absolutely dizzy with paint codes. I think I have found the PPG codes, but the
correct red for each year back to 57 is quite sketchy. I painted the car in
the early 80s but it turned out more orange red than the color the car was.
What I have learned is that there is three potential colors

Triumph Red (I think this is the orange-red color my car was painted)
Signal Red
Sunset Red

Everyone I know is using printed color charts off the internet. Seems there
are a lot of Signal Red '57s on the internet and left to my own devices I
would probably choose that color. Any one else wrestle with this? Now I know
what my wife went through picking her china pattern.

I wish I could mine the gold they use in red these days to justify the cost of
the paint!!!