fot

Re: [Fot] Tim Meinrenken on the Nordschleife - new link

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tim Meinrenken on the Nordschleife - new link
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:26:06 -0700
Tony Drews wrote:
> Dunno if this helps, but I save the video to my web site.  If you go
> to http://www.tonydrews.com/Videos/TonyVideos.htm , and scroll to the
> bottom of the page, there's a link to a copy of this file.  If you
> right click, choose "save as", (note where you saved it) and then run
> it from your local computer you may have better success.  You will
> need apple's quick time to play it (I may be able to convert it to
> another format if necessary).  Much better quality than the usual You
> Tube video.  I used to do videos this way (not quick time ones,
> though), and after watching it may go back to downloadable files.

If one is constitutionally opposed to the Apple QuickTime player, both
Media Player Classic and VideoLAN will play videos with the .mov extension:

http://www.videolan.org/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

Both work well with currently available Windows operating systems.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....