fot

Re: [Fot] FW: New Tool to make car parts!

To: "Deanes, Robert" <deanesr@uncw.edu>, "fot@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Fot] FW: New Tool to make car parts!
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:25:14 -0800 (PST)
Nothing new, although the NextEngine scanner has only been available for about
4-5 years. The Dimension Rapid Prototyping machine is actually made by
Stratasys,
and they have been around since 1990. I have been involved with different RP
systems
since 1987. My employer was one of the early adopters of the technology, and we
have systems that can make parts as fine as 16 microns layers. We also have
systems
that can make metal parts directly from cad or make sand casts.

For more information than you ever want to know about, check out
www.sme.org/rtam.

Doug