fot

[Fot] Fwd: TR4 Engines and recessions

To: FOT Triumph Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: TR4 Engines and recessions
From: Bill Babcock <Billbab@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:08:46 -1000
No, but Craig did, and I have to say that spell checkers aside, it's
looks a little silly to pejoratively call someone geniuses when you
spell it "genesis".

Clubs don't make big money on events. In fact many usually lose some
on a few, make some on a few and it all comes out in the wash. They
set the fees where they suspect they will come out best. Too high and
you don't get enough cars, too low and you can't cover expenses--there
are a limited number of likely entries for every event except the huge
ones like Monterey.

Clubs are going to go through hard times this year i suspect. some may
not survive. It behooves us all to be as supportive as we can be. No
clubs=no races. Then what? i'll just be a hoodlum out tearing up
backcountry roads, that's what, and no one wants to see that.