fot

[Fot] Triumph work this weekend

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Triumph work this weekend
From: George Harmuth <harmug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:00:26 -0400
Busy car weekend.
Saturday morning, went to a Brits of The Hudson car club tech seminar about
head rebuilding and valve grinding. Went home and worked on the wife's
Spitfire. Replaced the brake master cylinder. Mushroom factor kicked in,
ended up replacing a front caliper and hose when I couldn't get the bleeder
screw out. Repacked the front wheel bearings and replaced the tie rod ends
since the front end felt loose and it was apart anyway. Ended the day with
new plugs, wires, points etc. Found the carb dirty, maybe next week...
Caught the last two hours of Sebring, thought the commentators audio was
hard to hear, liked the in car, at night cameras.Local team, Dyson, was out
early too bad.

Sunday was work on the new GT6, knew it needed front end work too. Replaced
the tie rod ends, steering shaft universal, rack bushings. Repacked the
wheel bearings, looked at the ball joints and trunions, think I'll order a
set and replace them when I change the shocks and springs. Adjusted the
carbs and synched them. Ordered the new exhaust system from Rimmer Bros,
15% off until the end of the month. Took the wife out for a ride in the
GT6, the work must have helped, she kept telling me stop driving it like a
race car.

Tonight I'll start removing parts on the Spitfire race car, getting it
ready the season, starts in 6 weeks.  Need to install the new engine,
tranny, rebuilt diff, front calipers, clutch master and slave and header.
Probably need to replumb the exhaust to hook up to the header, may take
that to a shop. Haul the car to my brother's shop and get a second bar
welded in the passengers side door. I don't think I'll ever learn to get
this stuff done in the winter.

mike