fot

Re: [Fot] F1 practice

To: "Eric \(Rick\) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] F1 practice
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:50:53 -0700
I don't think it is a matter of enforcing the spirit if the rules as much as
further defining them so that everyone is operating from the same page.

I doubt any team would be opposed to using more downforce so if it is deemed
that the cars using the larger diffusers are indeed legal, I am betting you
will see the rest of the field with similar designs at the next race
following the FIA's decision.

There was some confusing information that was disseminated last year when
all that wording came about and it would appear that none of the three teams
that are using the larger diffusers were present when this topic was
discussed in detail.  So if "ignorance is bliss" applies in this case, they
might get away with it when all is said and done.

Regardless, it makes for some amusing and exciting scenarios as it plays
out.

Joe C.