fot

Re: [Fot] Nice TR3 Interior

To: "'Randall'" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nice TR3 Interior
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:00:15 -0400
I'm with you, Randall. And the "lake" was the Bonneville Salt Lake Flats for
top speed runs. The actual caps on the pipe were called Lake Plugs. I think
the idea was that you drove to the Salt Lake Flats, removed the blanking
plates, ran your wheels off, then capped off your lake pipes and drove home.

Richard

Hmm, I thought "lake pipes" were the ones with blanking plates on the ends,
so they could be blocked off for normal driving.  The normal exhaust system
was left connected so you were legal until you got to the lake.

Randall
Fot mailing list
Fot@autox.team.net