fot

Re: [Fot] Oil pan baffle design - help me think this through...

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil pan baffle design - help me think this through...
From: Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:07:51 -0500
Steve's idea is an absolutely great idea.

I mocked up a few designs and if you forget the neighbors eyeballing you
as you spin in the front yard with an oil pan spilling water everywhere,
you immediately see what is going on. Its amazing, how quickly the pan
evacuates in "left turns" with a static baffles I tried so far. I was
able to see why an extra quart works in Tony's design.

Use a cardboard template covered with packing tape to keep the water out
for a little while. Then use duct tape to hold it to the pan - works
very well. A mapp gas torch drys the pan quickly between design changes.

Thanks to those that sent pics - I'll mock them up today.

Thanks again,