fot

[Fot] TR6 For Sale

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 For Sale
From: MARK J WEATHERS <markjwea@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 14:22:13 +0100
Amici, I rarely post but some of you may remember me from the period when I
produced the axle upgrade with Uncle Jack.

As the ongoing recession takes its toll, I regretfully need to sell my TR6 to
raise cash. The car is a 1972 model that I have had since High School. It has
been restored once and is a full race car at this point. The engine and tranny
are out and engine is diassembled into major components.

The fenders and hood are fiberglass and I have the original steel hood.
Flenders are flared. I also have a never installed fiberglass airdam. All
fiberglass parts are from molds owned by Rod Kent who used to run a TR6 in
SCCA. Windscreen is Ted Schumaker low profile racing acrylic and I have the
OEM windsheild and frame. Car has onboard Halon system and a aircraft version
of an Accusump. It also has an fully shrouded aluminum radiator from a
Porsche. Battery is located in the trunk area, fuel cell is mounted in the
trunk well. Rear suspension features Bilstein coilovers mounted to the
rollbar. Front has high rate spings and .875 dia solid 4130 sway bar with
adjustable Konis. Rear hubs are Datsun 510 single piece conversions. All
suspension bushings are urethane or delrin. Allfin drums on rear, OEM calipers
up front with braided steel lines and Howe dual master cylinder and balance
bar.

Engine has cam bearings, approx 10:1 compression head, roller rockers, triple
Webers on Canon manifold,hardened valve seats, toleranced oil pump, aluminum
flywheel. Crank is tapped for extra flywheel bolts. Exhaust is through a
header with temperature monitoring bungs and thermocouples, stright 2.5" pipe
out the back. Pistons are original but rods have been lightened and everything
balanced staticaly and dynamically.

Tranny has J type OD.

The cam bearings need to be replaced, I had an oil starvation problem after
last rebuild. Other bearings and crank look good. Suspension was well sorted
in my opinion, but Accumsump, windscreen, air dam and oiling system are
unproven. Car got new floorpans and rocker panels in the early 90's and has
been garaged ever since so rust shuld not be an issue. Frame is galvanized! I
also have a lot of the OEM parts in boxes but only one fender.

I am hoping someone out there can buy and enjoy this great car. If not I will
probably part it out on Ebay.

I am located in Phoenix Arizona. Please let e know if you have a serious
interest and I wil get pictures and details.

Thanks

Mark Weathers