fot

[Fot] Ignitionl issues

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Ignitionl issues
From: "Greg & Alison Blake" <ablake2@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 23:43:29 -0500
I have my coil wired directly to a hot post that is connected to the
battery side of my cut-off switch.  In other words, when the switch is
closed, the + side of the coil is directly connected to the positive
side of the battery.  The other side of the coil is connected to my
Mallory dual point.

I noticed tonight that my coil was very hot and leaking oil out of the
top when I had the battery charger attached to the battery.

Do I have my coil wired incorrectly?

I will obviously be replacing that coil now so any suggestions for a
part number on a replacement type (Bosch or others) from a national
chain would be appreciated.

Another strange problem, timing lights will not work on my car.  The
ones I have tried work on other TRs, but not mine.  Anyone know what
could cause an inductive timing light not to pick up a signal?  I
believe the wires are 8mm.

Thanks,

Greg